Co-Op

2»

Comments

• Woah!!! I just got an online quote to buy 42TF - 4.7p. That knocks the IRR down to ridiculously low levels. But they would only offer a price for 1,500 so the yield gets hammered by the dealing costs. That's the problem with this one - you need to keep an eye on the market and try to buy when someone else has offloaded a load.
  • I had considered SD and dealing costs for 42TF, and accrued and dealing costs for 42TE - thanks for checking though

Yes - over the years I've had to keep fishing for a good price but I can't recall such a big difference as recently.

I'll continue to re-bait the hook every now and again

Thanks to all

Woz

• "The Co-operative group is to repay £15.5m in furlough payments to the government, but will hold on to more than £66m in business rates relief despite announcing a surge in profits during the pandemic."

"The mutual, which owns hundreds of grocery stores as well as funeral parlours, legal and insurance services, said pretax profits jumped from £24m to £127m in the year to 2 January."

Personally I'm happy - I need them to have plenty in the bank to be able to pay me all that money in December on the 42TEs and 42TFs ;-)